Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shade for the shade-y

 
Group cover shot - Vogue Australia April 2005
(L-R, Florence, EDITer, Veronica, Kate) 













 
















Shoot Location: 229 Chapel St, Prahran, VIC 3181





I shot quite a few 'Vogue' covers at this location that year.  I guess I always felt at home, the other models seemed to be friendly and I remember the lighting was always flattering.

The shoot often took place at the early hours of Sunday morning (7am), so the photographer could get the best morning light. We all know how unforgiving morning light can be.
 
So, if I was to do the shoot again, I'd make sure I had a pair of these champs, on hand.  Let me present to you, the world's first hands-free eye-shades.





or how about these superhero peekers...  


 


but for a more discreet approach, these will do just fine... 




I think the last time I had an opportunity to wear any of the models above, Saddam Hussein began trial at the Iraqi Special Tribunal and the boho gypsy skirt was the new 7-11.  

 



I live by the mantra - if you're gonna do something, do it till it hurts.  Here is my night of nights:


dream gig:

Track - All my friends

venue:





drink of choice:

Made with Makers Mark, crème de framboise, strawberry vermouth and sparkling rosé. Pinenut fog (made with liquid nitrogen) is poured into the jam jar containing the liquid is poured the pinenut. The lid of the jar is then closed to allow the flavoured fog to infuse the drink for a while.


walking home afterwards:




Tell me about your ultimate night out.

the EDITer



















No comments:

Post a Comment